Skip to main content

Evaluation of My Preliminary Task

 Hi Everyone. I've recently uploaded a new blog which was my preliminary task. It lasted less than a minute but that's the point of the preliminary task not to be long. After that I'll start working on my main task which is going to be much longer but before that I first need to evaluate my preliminary task to find out what was good and what needs an improvement. I'm sure that some of the objects are not in focus when the camera records so I will use the magnification button on the Nikon DSLR camera. I'll also solve the problem with the off camera sounds sounds which are not appropriate in a film. I'll either move to another location or wait for the moment when no side sounds or use the boom microphone so the sounds in camera will be more heard. The pointless objects in a shot which do not work on a story should also not be shown in a shot. I'll shoot more angles so it will be easier to edit and understand which angle is more appropriate. And of course I need to develop a script and write it on a storyboard to understand what should happen in each scene.

What I liked in my task is that the story does work so we understand who the main character is. I also liked the music in a film how it started as peaceful jazz and ended like something from "Inception". The acting was pretty good but I think the actors should have had more expression.

In conclusion I can say that I'm pleased with my job but I can't deny that there are some moment which need an improvement. Well, hope that for my main task this won't be a problem


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opening Scene in ''Ghost in the Shell'' (1995)

  The anime thriller ''Ghost in the Shell'' was directed in 1995 by Mamoru Oshii and is based on 1989's manga with the same title written by Masamune Siro. The anime manga and film both had a massive impact on the development of cyberpunk, neonoir, science fiction, thriller etc. Even Wachowski brothers said that ''Ghost in the Shell'' had a huge influence on creating ''Matrix''. The scene contains the process of making the ''Ghost in the shell''-the robot for special tasks. The beginning of the scene is mostly filled with close up shots of certain body parts to make the audience know how robots are made. Sometimes a camera does tilt movement to show the whole body of robot. During the extract the titles with green numbers are seen which again approves that it had an impact on ''Matrix''. After the beginning of the scene the camera uses mostly medium and long shots except some moments when it has to focu...

Postcard

 

Final Draft

  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6s8Q8QN8kg This is the final draft of my short film. I think that now it looks more appropriate. The only thing that I failed to do was the microphone sound because it all sounded very quiet so I thought that it would be even less heard. As a result, I left it the way it is. But hope that it won't disturb anyone.