Skip to main content

Advanced Portfolio


Hi everyone. This is still me, Andrii Azarchenko and as I am in Year 13 now, I have started working on my advanced portfolio. For it I was given four options: music promotion package; film promotion package; documentary package; short film package. I chose the last option because I want to try how skilled I am in making the real short film which doesn't last just 2 minutes but way longer. Usually the first task for filmmaking is to write a pitch and then a script so there will be a ready plot for the movie. But in my case I firstly focus on the casting because it's very compulsory to understand the real situation and to know whether you can afford what is in the script or not. And after finding the actors it will be much easier for me to create a plot with characters taken from my actors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opening Scene in ''Ghost in the Shell'' (1995)

  The anime thriller ''Ghost in the Shell'' was directed in 1995 by Mamoru Oshii and is based on 1989's manga with the same title written by Masamune Siro. The anime manga and film both had a massive impact on the development of cyberpunk, neonoir, science fiction, thriller etc. Even Wachowski brothers said that ''Ghost in the Shell'' had a huge influence on creating ''Matrix''. The scene contains the process of making the ''Ghost in the shell''-the robot for special tasks. The beginning of the scene is mostly filled with close up shots of certain body parts to make the audience know how robots are made. Sometimes a camera does tilt movement to show the whole body of robot. During the extract the titles with green numbers are seen which again approves that it had an impact on ''Matrix''. After the beginning of the scene the camera uses mostly medium and long shots except some moments when it has to focu...

Postcard

 

Final Draft

  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6s8Q8QN8kg This is the final draft of my short film. I think that now it looks more appropriate. The only thing that I failed to do was the microphone sound because it all sounded very quiet so I thought that it would be even less heard. As a result, I left it the way it is. But hope that it won't disturb anyone.