Skip to main content

Why Did I Choose ''All These Creatures''?



First thing why I chose ''All These Creatures'' is that the main character can be an inspiration to protagonist of my movie. In ''All These Creatures'' the main hero explores the mental state of his father and links it with the cicadas which symbolizes changes. This is similar to the protagonist of my film but instead he explores love, alienation, life and everything which would make him grown up.

Secondly, most of the ''All These Creatures'' sound is non-diegetic so the vast majority of sound is either the narrator speaking or the film score music. I plan to use the same technique but instead the non-diegetic sound is going to be the songs from ''Pet Sounds'' album on which my film is partly based. Also I'll try to make my movie have more dialogue scenes. But overall, I loved how non-diegetic sound is possible to set as strong mood as diegetic sound and I hope that the ''Pet Sounds'' songs will play an important role in developing main character.

What I really enjoyed while comparing ''All These Creatures'' to my film is that they do not pretend to be mass films, their stories are not global scale but local instead. They are focused on one specific topic but are good in realizing it in order to touch the hearts of audiences.

Of course it doesn't mean that without ''All These Creatures'' I wouldn't be able to come up with the narrative ideas of my film. There are some differences between them. If ''All These Creatures'' is strictly a drama arthouse movie then my film is planned to be a bridge between drama and comedy or tragicomedy. Both films have a developed character and realistic stories but my film will also be able to give some positive moments in order to make audience feel more relaxed while watching it. But overall, I can say that ''All These Creatures'' is a good inspiration for my advanced portfolio project because the way it uses sound, main hero (Protagonist), messages can be extremely useful for my film.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opening Scene in ''Ghost in the Shell'' (1995)

  The anime thriller ''Ghost in the Shell'' was directed in 1995 by Mamoru Oshii and is based on 1989's manga with the same title written by Masamune Siro. The anime manga and film both had a massive impact on the development of cyberpunk, neonoir, science fiction, thriller etc. Even Wachowski brothers said that ''Ghost in the Shell'' had a huge influence on creating ''Matrix''. The scene contains the process of making the ''Ghost in the shell''-the robot for special tasks. The beginning of the scene is mostly filled with close up shots of certain body parts to make the audience know how robots are made. Sometimes a camera does tilt movement to show the whole body of robot. During the extract the titles with green numbers are seen which again approves that it had an impact on ''Matrix''. After the beginning of the scene the camera uses mostly medium and long shots except some moments when it has to focu...

Postcard

 

Final Draft

  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6s8Q8QN8kg This is the final draft of my short film. I think that now it looks more appropriate. The only thing that I failed to do was the microphone sound because it all sounded very quiet so I thought that it would be even less heard. As a result, I left it the way it is. But hope that it won't disturb anyone.